PRESS | Press Release
Posted on 05/08/2014
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood 10th Anniversary
To Celebrate 10 Years of Rockin' Growth with South Florida
And Kickoff of Seminole Okalee Indian Village POW-WOW Weekend
HOLLYWOOD, Fla. (May 8, 2014) – Ceremonies are slated for midday Friday to mark the 10th anniversary celebration of the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, which first opened on May 11, 2004.
To help commemorate "A Decade of Rock," a special "Ten-a-Year for Ten Years" presentation at Hard Rock Live will take place at 1 p.m. Friday during the kickoff of this weekend's Seminole Okalee Indian Village POW-WOW, a three-day cultural event slated for May 9-11 at Hard Rock Live.
Five local charities will receive $10,000 per year for ten years, totaling $100,000 each. The charities are the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation – South Florida Chapter, Ann Storck Center, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Broward, Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida and Habitat for Humanity of Broward.
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood has supported hundreds of charities and community organizations over the past 10 years, and contributed nearly $16 million in sponsorships and donations. The Seminole Hard Rock has been the title sponsor of the Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade for more than five years, and recently committed to another five years of title sponsorship.
The 10th Anniversary Celebration will be led by Seminole Tribe of Florida Chairman James Billie and Jim Allen, CEO of Seminole Gaming and Chairman of Hard Rock International. Allen is expected to announce short-term expansion and renovation projects slated for the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood.
South Florida's premier destination for fun and entertainment is recognized as a major contributor to the growth of the South Florida economy. According to the latest Economic Impact Analysis conducted by The Innovation Group for the Seminole Tribe of Florida, the Seminole Hard Rock has an annual direct economic impact of $276 million, including $138 million for payments to employees and another $138 million for in-state purchases of goods and services. 3,740 people are employed at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino complex.
When indirect economic impacts are added, including related jobs, salaries and other spending, the total annual economic impact jumps to $513 million annually and means more than 6,600 people currently have jobs thanks to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood.
"Our 10th Anniversary is an important milestone for the Seminole Tribe of Florida and a symbol for the economic independence the Tribe has accomplished over the past decade," said Larry Mullin, COO of Seminole Gaming. "The Tribe's investment in Florida has made a huge impact on small businesses and the community at large. We are an organization that has an eye on the future and will continue to improve our products and services for both customers and the community."
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood has grown progressively as a landmark destination for locals and tourists alike. Among the notable milestones during "A Decade of Rock" are the following:
- Seminole Hard Rock Opens (May 2004) – The Seminole Tribe of Florida opens South Florida's premier destination for gaming, entertainment, dining, and hospitality.
- Hard Rock Live Opens (July 2005) – The 5,500-seat live arena opened to the public and has since hosted more than 750 shows from musicians and comedians such as Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, Eric Clapton, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Luciano Pavarotti, Chris Rock, Jerry Seinfeld and Robin Williams.
- Lucky Street Garage Opens (June 2006) – Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino expanded its parking facilities with the first of 2,500 parking spaces in the new Lucky Street Parking Garage.
- Las Vegas Style Slot Machines Debut (January 2008) – The property placed into operation nearly 1,000 new Las Vegas-style, class III slot machines.
- Blackjack Tables (June 2008) – The first legal games of Blackjack and other card games in Florida were played. In addition to Blackjack, the property also unveiled Baccarat, Mini-Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Let it Ride and Three Card Poker.
- High Stakes Poker Comes to the Poker Room (July 2010) – The Seminole Tribe of Florida began to offer Las Vegas high-stakes, no-limit poker 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Winner's Way Garage (December 2010) – During the grand opening of the Winner's Way Parking Garage, the property created a ceremonial guitar smash of almost 2,000 acoustic guitars. The $50 million construction project employed more than 300 workers and made a significant contribution to the South Florida economy. The event was documented and published by the Guinness Book of World Records as the "World's Largest Guitar Smash."
- Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open $10 Million Guarantee – Largest Ever (August 2013) – The property hosted the Seminole Hard Rock Poker Open, August 8-28, carrying a $10 million Guaranteed Championship – the largest guaranteed in the world. The tournament exceeded industry expectations by beating its own $10 million guarantee by nearly 20%, and creating an actual prize pool of $11.92 million from 2,384 entries.